Super Berry Smoothie Bowl

This colorful smoothie bowl is packed with lots of antioxidants, nutrients and vitamins to make you feel better, healthy and energized! After last week's birthday feast and some lazy time I must get back on track with my workout routine and stay away from big chocolate cakes until my sister's birthday (that's in november). But man I really enjoyed my birthday dinner and the huge chocolate coconut layer cake that I baked myself. Yep, I baked my own bday cake for the third consecutive year but turns out my favorite bakery shop closed (*insert sad kitty emoji here*) and I'm too picky when it comes to cakes plus the other bakery shops in town have a too-average cake catalogue...so Cinnamon Girl handled the situation like a pro! I won't publish the recipe of my birthday cake since it was a slightly adapted version of Fran Costigan's Vegan Chocolate Coconut Whipped Cream Cake. I've made several recipes from her cookbook 'Vegan Chocolate' before (which you can find them here on the blog) and I didn't feel like doing a 'copy and paste' thing because the recipe is already perfectly explained in the book and also because I think it's also a question of respecting someone's hard work, you know what I mean? Buuut, I will share some nice pics of my cake cause obviously I had to take some shots!
Okay, back to this smoothie bowl: it tastes super good, so fruity, satisfying and fulfilling. It makes a great breakfast but I also love to eat a big bowl after my workout sessions in the afternoon.
You can try different toppings and make your own favorite version, like adding chopped nuts, a dollop of almond or peanut butter, shelled hemp...the possibilities are endless!

Receta en español en la web de El Granero Integral.


Super Berry Smoothie Bowl
(Yield: 2 servings)

Ingredients
- For the chia pudding:
2 tablespoons chia seeds.
3/4 cup oat milk.
1 tablespoon agave syrup.
- For the berry smoothie:
1 ripe banana.
3/4 cup fresh blueberries.
1 cup fresh raspberries.
1/4 cup oat milk.
2 tablespoons berry powder.*
- Toppings:
Oat flakes.
A small handful of mixed fresh berries.
Coconut flakes.

* Notes:
- Choose your favorite sweetener: agave, coconut or maple syrup. All of them are good options.
- I normally add two tablespoons of organic berry powder made of rosehip berries, maqui berry and acerola cherry. You can use any kind of berry powder (açaí powder, for example) or your go-to protein powder, this one preferably berry or vanilla flavored.
- Adjust the quantity of milk, if needed, to get the consistency that fits your taste.


Directions
In a small mixing bowl stir with a fork all the ingredients for the chia pudding until well combined. Let it set in a sealed container or jar refrigerated overnight.
Blend all the smoothie ingredients using a high-speed blender or food processor, blend until smooth and combined.
Mix the chia pudding and smoothie in your breakfast bowl and top with oat flakes, fresh berries and coconut flakes.




Comments

  1. First of all, Happy (belated) Birthday! :) Hopefully you enjoyed your cake. I guess it's hard not to enjoy cake though. Haha. Second, this bowl looks so delicious. I've been meaning to use up my chia seeds, so now I have a plan for them. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit late to the smoothie bowl party, having only just started playing around with the concept recently. The good news is that we're still experiencing a heat wave so it definitely feels like summer weather will stick around for a while longer. Plenty of time to try out your delicious blend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment