Peachy Smoothie Bowl

Last night I attended my favorite band's last show ever in Barcelona, it's the finnish metal band H.I.M. and honestly, I'm still in awe and in shock at the same time. I've never imagined I could beging a blog post talking about their farewell tour...because I thought they were one of the few bands out there that will always stick together. Been following them for so many years, I have their heartagram symbol tattooed (yeah, I'm a freak of HIM) and as a true loyal fan it was both awesome and super sad to be there. When they played some of my favorite songs I couldn't help but shed some tears. It was a whirlwind of emotions and definitely a night that I will never forget. Also, the whole farewell thing makes me feel kinda old (?!), when your old time favorite band says goodbye you feel like it's the end of an era.
So apart from the lack of sleep (with this heat it's almost impossible to fall asleep), and feeling incredibly emotional yet I just don't feel very talkative. But there's always time to prepare something comforting, healthy and yummy to lift one's spirits: peachy smoothie bowl to the rescue!
Naturally sweet, refreshing and full of plant-based power and goodness. Hope you all have a lovely weekend, I'll be preparing a new recipe while trying to survive this heat wave. xo

¡Receta en español en la web de El Granero Integral!



Peachy Smoothie Bowl
(2 servings)

Ingredients
1 cup peach (around 2 medium peaches or 1 large one).
2 frozen bananas.
1/4 to 1/2 cup coconut milk beverage.
2 teaspoons maca powder.
1 tablespoon chia seeds.
1 tablespoon baobab powder (optional).
1 tablespoon almond butter (optional).
- Toppings:
Dragon fruit (pitaya).
Star fruit (carambola).
Chopped almonds.
Puffed quinoa.
Chia seeds.


Directions
Wash the peaches thoroughly, slice them in half and remove the pit. Cut them into medium chunks.
Place all the ingredients (baobab and almond butter are optional) inside your blender and pulse until well pureed and smooth. Increase or decrease the milk until the smoothie reaches the right consistency, it will also depend on how ripe the peaches are (and which variety you choose).
For best results I recommend to use very ripe bananas and don't forget to chop them before freezing.
If both the peaches and milk were stored in the fridge the smoothie will be already cold but alternatively you can let it chill in the freezer for a few minutes until very cold and refreshing.
Top with the suggested fruit above, the chopped almonds, puffed quinoa and sprinkle with some extra chia seeds.






Comments